Following this previous post, some examples of : 1| Retail first
We mean by this business initially based on retail, selling goods.
– Amazon : developed first Ecommerce activity (mainly books) and is now involved in various branches; so various (broadcast, video games, cloud technology…) that current business model can look confused…
– Kering : created a group by controlling leading luxury brands is now involved in n-house eyewear expertise (design, product development, supply, branding, marketing and sales); the sector remains the same, but the business model is the other way round.
– “Amazon’s forays into digital media bound to be expensive” – Financial Times – 28 August 2914 – here
– “Amazon, tout à vendre de A à Z” – Le Monde – 27 août 2014 – here
– “Kering plans to take back control of its Eyewear business value chain » – 2 September 2014 – here